Visit an American History Museum or Living History Site related to this video
Things to Consider:
- These home movies were taken around the time that The Story of a Patriot - the official vistor's center film was shot.
- Today, Colonial Williamsburg interprets the 1770s. When this film was shot, they interpreted the late 1740s. This is evident by observing the ladies' costumes.
- Cars still ran on the main streets during the day. Today, the roads are not open to automobiles until late at night until early morning.
Colonial Williamsburg Travelogue: 1954 - 4 min
Williamsburg was founded in 1693 and was the capitol of the 13 colonies until the war for Independence. It was restored to its 18th century appearance in the 1930s and guests have been visiting Colonial Williamsburg ever since.
This is a view from 1954 and includes some typical scenes:
- The Govenor's Palace and gardens
- The Powder Magazine: Shooting both canon and pistol.
- Colonial Buildings and yards
- A Horse and Carriage
- The Capitol building
©2009 HaveFunWithHistory.com - C. Grahl